Monday, January 10, 2011

~ Stylish Blogger Award ~

Happy Monday, everyone.  I am home from work on a snow day. 

Image via here

What fun! I was named by Maureen from Eclectic Revisited as one of her choices for the Stylish Blogger Award. What that means is that I have to tell you seven things about myself (sorry!) and pass the award on to ten bloggers who are new to me. I’m about to cheat a little because I have been following some of the bloggers I am going to name since the beginning, but since I have only been blogging for a year, it is all still a little new to me.  First, I just want to say thank you to Maureen, and all the wonderful people I have met through the blog and through my little booth in the past year. Creative people are so generous and supportive of each other. It’s been wonderful!

Here goes:

1.  I moved to Atlanta from New York State after college to escape the winter weather.  (Note to self ~ read a little more about global warming.) 

Christmas in Atlanta 2010 with Alex (nephew), Haley (niece), Jamie and Matt (their cousins)

2.  I always wanted a cat when I was growing up. Instead, I got a pug for my 10th birthday. Maybe that’s why I have six cats. They are all feral rescues (except for one stray) who showed up in my back yard over the last few years. I love dogs, too and carry a box of dog biscuits in my car to lure strays out of dangerous situations. (That’s equal opportunity crazy.)

Pretty little Lily

3. I recently rescued a little dog (who was wearing a sweater) that was running around on a four lane highway. I followed him over a grassy knoll to what turned out to be a funeral home where the memorial service was just letting out. As I wandered the crowd in my sweat pants and denim shirt, whistling for the little dog, I realized I was under-dressed for the occasion and looked like a crazy person. (It didn't help that I had just been to the dentist and was having problems whistling.)  The story had a happy ending.

He looked a lot like this.

4. If I met Finola Hughes, I would rather talk to her about Anna Devane than what I should wear. (You've heard the phrase "shop til it hurts"?  I did.)

Self portrait

5. I like reality TV, especially Top Chef and Project Runway. Beverly Hills are my favorite housewives. I love Kyle, Adrienne and Lisa. The Atlanta housewives are just plain stupid.


6. I like well worn antiques, custom upholstered furniture and chandeliers. I love designer boutiques, antique malls and thrift stores (not for clothes), but never big box or department stores for my home.

My master bedroom

7. I am a visual person. It was love at first site when I was introduced to decorating blogs.

Source unknow ~ but a beautiful blog

I love that I can get to know talented people from around the world through blogland and get such wonderful inspiration.  Now for those to whom I bequeath the Stylish Blogger Award:


1. Vicky from Room Service ~ Decorating 101 lives in Tennessee. She was one of the first people to comment on my blog. I love when she shares her pet peeves and invites comments on provocative pictures.

2. Irene from Valdirose has a beautiful B&B in Italy. I would love to visit. 

3. Leann from Fabulously French has a wonderful B&B in France.  She is living the life I was meant to live.  

4. Karyn from French Charming lives in California. She has such an eye for beautiful photos, and she inspires with her beautiful nature.  

5. Laura from Summerhouse lives in Australia. She is another beautiful, creative soul. I love her pillows.

6. Jane from Flora Doora lives in Naples, Florida. She is another creative person who finds the best things at thrift stores. I’m always jealous. 

7. Fiona from Chateau de Lille lives in Australia. She posts the most gorgeous photos. I can’t wait to see more of her jewelry.

8. Leann from Linen and Lavender lives in California. Her blog is just amazingly beautiful and shares so much valuable information! 

9. Stine from Vintage Chic lives in Norway. She has such a gorgeous style!


10. Susann from Purple Area lives in Sweden. She has a beautiful blog ~ love her style.


So now that you have been given the Stylish Blogger Award, please feel free to pass it along to ten of your favorite (new) bloggers. And don't forget to share seven things about yourself.  I am excited to see your picks.

Happy snowy Monday!
Lulu

11 comments:

Irene b said...

thank you my dear ! Such an honour!
:) today is my second :) I'm a lucky girl!
kisses

Winchester Manor said...

Congratulations on your award Sweet Friend...very well deserved! I enjoyed learning more about you and we have so much in common. I lived in New York for 5 miserable, cold winters and now I'm basking in the warm California sun.

I love cats and dogs too and bless your heart for rescuing your fur babies. I am a reality TV junkie...I am hooked on Project Runway and The BH Housewives.....isn't that Camille a complete nut job? And finally, I too am very visual and love antiques.

THANK YOU so much for including me in your list to pass this award along to. Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Karyn

Stine said...

Thank you <3
Love!

purple area said...

Thank you so much, I feel honoured!!

Big hugs!/Susann

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

I was thrilled that you chose Flora
Doora for the award! How nice. I
only wish I could give it right back to you, because your blog is
definitely my inspiration!

Jane
Flora Doora

chateaudelille said...

Congrats to you and I loved hearing more about you. Thanks for the award and I shall pass it on to more amazing ladies or guys. Hugs, Fiona

Laura said...

Congratulations lulu!!!!! Loved reading all about you!!!! Thankyou so much for passing it to me too! Dont quite feel deserving!!! I am totally with you when it comes to the love at first blog sight!!! You have been so inspirational for me also! so much style!!!!!
Lots of hugs gorgeos gal! xxx
laura xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Lulu...love finding out more things about you and glad you are happy about receiving the award...
you have a lovely blog....
maureen

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Wow ! Am I in good company or what ... Thank you so much. I can't wait to check out your other blogs . We are so much alike, with the exception of cats. I don't, nor do I ever want a cat. But, I have two shih tuzs, love BH housewifes, agree about the A ones. We could happily go shopping together... it goes on and on . Thanks again, my friend.

Stina said...

Lovely and beautiful!
Thank you for your nice comment.:-) Hug Stina

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

Congratulations on this award! I Have enjoyed seeing new blogs from so many stylish people. I am a new decor blogger (one week!) and I am loving this creative journey.

Related Posts with Thumbnails