Happy Monday, everyone. I am home from work on a snow day.
Image via here
What fun! I was named by Maureen from Eclectic Revisited as one of her choices for the Stylish Blogger Award. What that means is that I have to tell you seven things about myself (sorry!) and pass the award on to ten bloggers who are new to me. I’m about to cheat a little because I have been following some of the bloggers I am going to name since the beginning, but since I have only been blogging for a year, it is all still a little new to me. First, I just want to say thank you to Maureen, and all the wonderful people I have met through the blog and through my little booth in the past year. Creative people are so generous and supportive of each other. It’s been wonderful!
1. I moved to Atlanta from New York State after college to escape the winter weather. (Note to self ~ read a little more about global warming.)
Christmas in Atlanta 2010 with Alex (nephew), Haley (niece), Jamie and Matt (their cousins)
2. I always wanted a cat when I was growing up. Instead, I got a pug for my 10th birthday. Maybe that’s why I have six cats. They are all feral rescues (except for one stray) who showed up in my back yard over the last few years. I love dogs, too and carry a box of dog biscuits in my car to lure strays out of dangerous situations. (That’s equal opportunity crazy.)
Pretty little Lily
3. I recently rescued a little dog (who was wearing a sweater) that was running around on a four lane highway. I followed him over a grassy knoll to what turned out to be a funeral home where the memorial service was just letting out. As I wandered the crowd in my sweat pants and denim shirt, whistling for the little dog, I realized I was under-dressed for the occasion and looked like a crazy person. (It didn't help that I had just been to the dentist and was having problems whistling.) The story had a happy ending.
He looked a lot like this.
4. If I met Finola Hughes, I would rather talk to her about Anna Devane than what I should wear. (You've heard the phrase "shop til it hurts"? I did.)
5. I like reality TV, especially Top Chef and Project Runway. Beverly Hills are my favorite housewives. I love Kyle, Adrienne and Lisa. The Atlanta housewives are just plain stupid.
6. I like well worn antiques, custom upholstered furniture and chandeliers. I love designer boutiques, antique malls and thrift stores (not for clothes), but never big box or department stores for my home.
My master bedroom
7. I am a visual person. It was love at first site when I was introduced to decorating blogs.
Source unknow ~ but a beautiful blog
I love that I can get to know talented people from around the world through blogland and get such wonderful inspiration. Now for those to whom I bequeath the Stylish Blogger Award:
1. Vicky from Room Service ~ Decorating 101 lives in Tennessee. She was one of the first people to comment on my blog. I love when she shares her pet peeves and invites comments on provocative pictures.
2. Irene from Valdirose has a beautiful B&B in Italy. I would love to visit.
3. Leann from Fabulously French has a wonderful B&B in France. She is living the life I was meant to live.
4. Karyn from French Charming lives in California. She has such an eye for beautiful photos, and she inspires with her beautiful nature.
5. Laura from Summerhouse lives in Australia. She is another beautiful, creative soul. I love her pillows.
6. Jane from Flora Doora lives in Naples, Florida. She is another creative person who finds the best things at thrift stores. I’m always jealous.
7. Fiona from Chateau de Lille lives in Australia. She posts the most gorgeous photos. I can’t wait to see more of her jewelry.
8. Leann from Linen and Lavender lives in California. Her blog is just amazingly beautiful and shares so much valuable information!
9. Stine from Vintage Chic lives in Norway. She has such a gorgeous style!
10. Susann from Purple Area lives in Sweden. She has a beautiful blog ~ love her style.
So now that you have been given the Stylish Blogger Award, please feel free to pass it along to ten of your favorite (new) bloggers. And don't forget to share seven things about yourself. I am excited to see your picks.
Happy snowy Monday!